Seriously, I ended defending myself to-the-max as to "why" I'm hopeful in my future here in Philippines. They say brain-drain is a natural occurrence, and that I cannot do anything about -let alone the government.
What is wrong in visualizing a better Philippines? They say I'm too young to see the ugly realities of this country, which is exactly why I'm visualizing haha. I know my friends are just looking after my future and there's nothing wrong with that. But if I leave now... (I'm feeling depressed already)
If that's the case, then I should consider the places I wanted to be! If and only if I will work abroad, I have a preferred list of choices: Germany, New Zealand, Africa, Canada, and Alaska.
- Germany: Because I love the German culture --without the World-war effect of course. More and more, it's getting exciting to imagine how I can be part of a country that morally respects the environment, takes care of its citizens, and gives priority to the needy. Deutschland ich komme!
- New Zealand: Ahh, the world's adventure capital! With amazing geography, landscape and natural beauty... who wouldn't want to be a Hobbit for life? 50 years from now -- the apocalypse -- or in other words, overpopulation will happeb -- and New Zealand is one of the projected surviving cities. I want my Kiwi!
- Africa: I believe in the origin of humanity. Now being studied as the genealogical origin or human species, Africa is a place full of revealing secrets about our history as the most dominant animal in the world. I know, I know... what would an I.T. guy do in Africa? Well, I'm not going to work for National Geographic or anything. I may apply at Canonical Inc. for Ubuntu. Cape Town wait for me!
- Canada: What's not to like about Canada??? Seriously, better Health care system? Beautiful chick-rockers? Awesome and romantic scenic spots?
- Alaska: If there's a bio-terrorism attack, I'd rather stay in Alaska. Aside from the Polar bears and cool climate... what more can I ask for? (except for heaters)